Saturday, November 25, 2006

Promsises Kept

In my last post I promised three things...

1) I will be describing my last 2 weeks at my old job
2) What new movies i have seen or am planning to see.
3) Why i named my blog the Green Lantern

So here we go..
1) I will be describing my last 2 weeks at my old job

I officially handed in my resignation from my previous job on Friday November 3rd 2006. It was a pretty difficult thing to do. I have only had 4 jobs in my life (including my new one). My first was a telemarketing job (Consumer Contact [CC]), then i worked at the bay for 7 years, then after college i got my first real job at flgsp. I had been there for approx. 2 and a half years at the time I handed in my resignation. Leaving flgshp was much more difficult than quitting my previous jobs. Although i worked at the bay almost three times as long in terms of years it was still only part time. So i may have still actually spent more physical time at flgshp. Additionally, unlike the Bay and my telemarketing job, flgshp's offices are not any where close to where i live. I bump into people from CC all the time. And i still shop at the bay so i see my ex - coworkers from time to time (as recently as last weekend actually). This will not happen with my flgshp coworkers. Flgshp's offices were located in Richmond hill close to Aura actually. I have absolutely no reason to go that far north. So leaving that job meant leaving old friends to an some extent. It's a very wierd feeling. I don't regret my decision and long term I am quite sure it was the right thing to do but it was still really difficult. I am quite sure that leaving my new company won't be as hard if or when the time comes.

I will say that thankfully my co-workers made my last two weeks very memorable. We had a good time and joked around a lot. We all went out for lunch on my last day. And they gave me a superman poster. I am kind of comic book geek so it was an appropriate gift. If any of you guys are reading this thanks for a good two weeks and a good 2 and half years. I learned a lot and it will always stay with me.

That's it for now.


...peace

--
I did not ask for the life I was given, but it was given, none the less. And with it, I did my best.
~Mr Eko

1 comment:

Todd said...

We read it, very nice of you to say. Hopefully I can stay somewhat in contact with you through comments on your blog =P I don't think I will start my own unless I start really getting an interesting life.
--Todd