Monday, January 1, 2007

The holidays

Happy new Year everyone.

This post is actually supposed to be about television, but I thought i would break from my schedule and talk instead about the holidays. I hope that everyone had a merry Christmas, I did. While i don't generally discuss my personal relationships much in my blog I will mention that i brought my girlfriend over for Christmas dinner. It was the first time she was meeting my parents and thankfully it went very well. I knew it would but it is nice to get that first meeting out of the way. Very stressful.

The Saturday after Christmas my mother likes to throw a family get together for most of my relatavies. I say most because for those of you who don't know i have 22 aunts/uncles. Having everyone one over would be impossible. But a large percentage of my relatives that live in canada were there. It was nice because i don't see many of them very often.

I did have plans to be very productive over the holiday but it never panned out. I took my laptop home over the holiday and i had planned to do some reviewing of things but never got around to it. I didn't have actual work assigned but i probably should have done some reviewing anyway. Oh well...

Time for new years resolutions.

1) Limit my time on the 407etr. The Price is going up and i want to make sure that i don't take the 407 more than twice a week. This should keep my bill under $50 per month. Which is reasonable in my opinion.

2) Go to the gym 4 times per week. Since there is a gym right by my work and since i don't want to get on the 401 at 5pm. This is a reasonable goal.

3) Keep blogging on a regular basis. My goal is to have a new blog addition at least once per week. So far i think that is about as often as i update. If i can keep up that pace i will be happy.

4) Manage money better. I don't think that i have been terribly irresponsible in the past but I do think there is room for improvement. I plan to but quicken and keep track of all my spending. I would also like to increase the amount of money i put into rrsps.

I think thats it for now.
Happy new year everyone.

1 comment:

Todd said...

I've never really understood the objective behind setting New Year goals. I mean, if people want to change their life they should just do it and not wait for a New Year or need a New Year to prompt change. I don't have any facts to back me up but I get the impression that most New Years goals that are set only by the New Year are most likely to fall through. That being said I think your goals are extemely reasonable and probably will pan out since I've heard you discussing these things prior. Happy New Year Duane.