Sunday, April 15, 2007

Work

Well work has been extremely busy for me lately. I have put in more overtime in the last 2 weeks than in my previous 2+ years in the workforce combined. Basically we have just had a lot of projects that have come up. Many of them have had what in retrospect were overly ambitious deadlines. I am supposed to work from 9-5. However, there have been days when i have been there as late as 9pm. Which is very ugly. It takes me about an hour to get home from work. I thank god that I am in a position to afford to drive to the subway. I shudder to think how long i would have to be waiting for a bus at that hour.

On the one hand one of the things i didn't like about working at Microsoft is that i never felt like i had enough to do. Now i have plenty of things to do and for the most part they are all very interesting. I am the lead developer and technical contact for one of the projects so it is a lot of responsibility. I am doing my best and hopefully, if I can find a way to put my stamp on this it will be a good step for my career long term.

However, lots of overtime is effecting my health. I haven't been able to get to the gym in at least 2 weeks. By the time i get home from work it is dark and i don't feel like working out. Also, i have come down with a pretty bad cold the last few days and it is not getting better as quickly as i would like. I have only taken 3 sick days in my life. And since we are nearing the completion stage of one of my projects i won't be taking one now.

Ah well, that's life i suppose.

Next week... Lots of stuff

No comments: