Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Birthday Revisted and New Years Resolutions updates

Okay so just to refresh memories my new years resolutions were...

1) Limit my time on the 407etr. The Price is going up and i want to make sure that i don't take the 407 more than twice a week. This should keep my bill under $50 per month. Which is reasonable in my opinion.

2) Go to the gym 4 times per week. Since there is a gym right by my work and since i don't want to get on the 401 at 5pm. This is a reasonable goal.

3) Keep blogging on a regular basis. My goal is to have a new blog addition at least once per week. So far i think that is about as often as i update. If i can keep up that pace i will be happy.

4) Manage money better. I don't think that i have been terribly irresponsible in the past but I do think there is room for improvement. I plan to but quicken and keep track of all my spending. I would also like to increase the amount of money i put into rrsps.

So the status is ...

1) I think this one should not really apply anymore. And as such it will no longer me in future updates. I no longer work at MS in Mississauga so i no longer need to take the 407. In fact i have only been on it once since i left MS.

2) I am ashamed to admit that i am still not going to the gym as consistently as i should be. I did make it in 4 times last week but i have not been averaging that number. I think i am averaging twice so far. I have been very busy and i was sick for a few weeks but that is no excuse. I have to and will do better in the future.

3)I am happy to say that i have kept up my blogging. I have not missed a single week yet. I have been a day late a couple of times but there is still a new post every week. I am also happy to say that i have not really been struggling to find topics to discuss. That was a fear of mine so i am happy i am still able to come up with things.

4) I am still not tracking my money correctly. I haven't really done any big spending and i did increase my contributions to RRSP's but i still haven't bought a program to keep track of all income. No matter what happens this is one resolution i intend to keep by the next update.

Birthday Revisited.

So for my birthday last month my friends gave me two books.
1) The complete Encyclopedia of Marvel Comics
2) The complete Encyclopedia of DC Comics.

They both contain the entire history of both companies detailing just about every comic character from Superman and Spiderman to Antman and Booster Gold. For a comic book geek like me this was a fantastic present.

It also leads to something else i wanted to discuss. The movie spiderman 3. I don't know how to review a movie without giving spoilers so i won't review it here. I will just say that while it had some good parts I was not pleased with the fact that they altered the origin stories for some of the characters.


Next week...
Niagara Falls

1 comment:

chris said...

just watched spiderman last night, I thought it was pretty good, but then again I don't know much of the original backstory. Still, peter parking dancing down the street was hilarious