Sunday, June 24, 2007

Eating Healthy

So in an effort to shape up, i have been doing my best to eat more healthy over the past 2 months. It hasn't been easy. To put it simply, I am not a very good cook at all. Actually outside of peanut butter and jelly sandwich (hold the jelly), I am relatively useless in the kitchen. What i have done in the healthy eating department is take small steps. I used to eat large almost submarine type sandwiches for breakfast. I have switched to eating cereal. first it was frosted flakes but now i have switched to reduced calorie frosted flakes. I used to use whole (3.25%) milk but then i switched to 2% then to 1% and now I use skim milk. It took some getting used to but i actually like it better than whole milk now. I also bring my lunch to work and have been making an effort to bring healthier meals. I bring grilled chicken breast at least twice per week and when i get home i don't eat much deep fried stuff any more. And if i make burgers at home i usually buy chicken burgers instead of the big Angus beef variety.

I am not here to give a lecture on healthy eating, because quite simply i am not qualified. I still only prepare maybe 50% of my meals so i am no chef by any means. But i have found that healthy eating isn't that bad. Actually, i don't even really miss any of the greasy stuff i used to eat. And i have lost about 5 pounds and my clothes fit better so that's a step in the right direction.

Next week ... Video games


...peace

1 comment:

Nadeene said...

I see that someone has had an influence on you ;)