Sunday, September 23, 2007

Well, it's official. I'm engaged.

That's right. The title is NOT a misprint. I am now officially off the market. Last night i proposed to my girlfriend on our one year anniversary. I had actually bought the ring almost 3 weeks ago but I thought it would be better to wait for a special event.

I planned the evening pretty well i think. We first went to dinner at The David Duncan house. It is one of the if not the fanciest restaurant that I know. Additionally since the DVP was shut down this weekend it allowed us to avoid the highway. I went to my girlfriend's, excuse me, my fiancee's house to pick her up. That when i gave her the first surprise. I told her that instead of having dinner at 7 as planned we would be having dinner at 8. The reason for the hour delay is that i wanted to give her time to pack because i was taking her to a hotel for the night. She was very surprised and happy.

So we went to dinner and the atmosphere and the food were great. Actually, there was more food than we could finish. I had considered proposing in the restaurant but decided against it because i thought a more private setting would be better.

So after dinner we went back to the hotel. We went to the hilton Suites. It is probably the nicest hotel room i have ever been in. My fiancee was very surprised when she walked into the room. I had come to the room earlier and checked in. I had decorated the room with pictures of us. I had them on the walls and the floors and rose petals and candles, etc.. I led her in to one of the rooms, then got down on one knee and asked the question. I was very nervous and completely fumbled the speech i had planned. The only sure thing i knew was that she would like the ring because she actually picked it out herself a few months ago. She was very happy and said yes.

The one hang up is that even though she liked the ring it was the wrong size. We took it back to the store to get it resized and it should be ready in about 2 weeks.

We haven't picked an official date yet but the goal would be for late next summer.

Overall, I am very happy.

Next week... BET

5 comments:

Nadeene said...

yaaaay! It was the best day of my life!

--Todd said...

Congratulations you two. All the best wishes for the future.

Domenico Nobili said...

Congratulations to you both.

chris said...

Wow! Congrats man!

Michael said...

Daune and Nadeene, Congratulations to the both of you. Duane don't take too long to pencil in your date with the family. It seems highly likely that in addition to your definite wedding that the possibilities of Alex and Camille getting marries next year re pretty high. Enough abut them anway and back to the two of you. Nadeene, welcome to the family!!! I'm really happy for the both of you and I'm glad that you both are excited. Krystal and I are looking forward to hearing about your wedding plans. I'll talk to the both of you soon I'm sure. Congratulations once again.