Sunday, November 18, 2007

Happy Anniversairy

OK, so first all I want to apologize for this being my second bait and switch in a row. I know that this weeks post was supposed to be about "TV writers Strike/ Lion Man". But i realized that this week marked a special occasion and I couldn't let it pass without acknowledgment. This week is the one year anniversary at my job and as such it is also the one year anniversary of my blog. This is actually my 49th blog post. I must say that I am quite proud of myself. With the exception of the two weeks when I had no Internet connection at home and the one week when I was on vacation in St Lucia, I have managed to put up at least one new blog post every single week. At one point I was worried that a frequency of once a week would cause me to run out of topics fairly quickly. But truthfully, I have never really had that much difficulty coming up with topics. I don't think I lead that exciting of a life so I am surprised by that. I guess the key to blogging for me is to just talk about whatever is on my mind or things I am interested in. I don't get into my personal life that much here but I have mentioned the important things. Namely my engagement and job changes. Both are topics that will continue to be staples of this blog.

Also, I am glad to say that I think my blogging has inspired other blogs. My friend, ex-coworker, and blog reader Todd has started a blog. As well my militant (LOL) older sister has also started one. I would like to think that I may have been of some inspiration to them.

I don't know if I consider my blogging to be therapeutic. There are very few things in my life that are truly stressful. There were a few times when writing helped me deal with things. The first would be my post about leaving Microsoft GoodBye Microsoft This was really difficult at the time because one of the reasons I took the job at Wunderman in the first place was for the opportunity to work at Microsoft. Another one that was a stress relief was my post on Wedding Planning I think I have a fairly high BS tolerance but some of the hoops we have had to jump through were getting on my last nerves. It was nice to get them all out in writing.

Finally I would be remiss if I didn't at least mention my two rants posts. BET and Celebrity Girls. You shouldn't read these posts if you have a problem with swearing.

Anniversaries are a good time to look back and reflect. Overall, I am happy with my blogging experience and it is my intention to continue doing it. I think it is a good way capture my experiences and my life in general.

I know this post has offered no new insights and has been the blog equivalent of a clip show but I had to acknowledge this occasion. My original intent was to do a year end review of my life but I think it's best to leave that post until the first of January. To my readers I hope you have enjoyed the ride and I will continue to drive. Suggestions are always welcome and if there is anything in particular you want to hear my opinion on please let me know.

Next Week ... Tying up loose ends.

1 comment:

Nads said...

Congrats on the 1 year anniversary!