Sunday, December 9, 2007

Marriage Classes

As part of a catholic ceremony the bride and groom have to attend marriage classes before the wedding. I am not the most religious guy, and I thought that theses course would essentially be another mass. As such I was somewhat opposed to it in the beginning. However, we have attended classes for three weeks now (one every Thursday) and I must say that my assumptions were wrong and I do actually enjoy the classes. The classes actually have very little to do with religion. It really is more about strategies for having a happy marriage than it is about anything else. There exercises designed to help you resolve conflict in your marriage. You talk about what responsibilities each person will have in the marriage. Next weeks class is about financial decisions we will have to make. Overall its been very good. The only thing that I don't particularly care for is the location and time. Our class is at 7:00 pm on Thursdays. Since I have been working out at FORD it is not always easy to get back to my area to pick up my fiancee and then drive to the location of the class on time. So far we have been averaging showing up about 5-10 minutes late. But, I am off next week Thursday so we should make it in plenty of time.

That's it for this week.

Next Week ... Goodbye Ford Canada.

1 comment:

Nads said...

They were good and we're done...yippee!