Sunday, February 24, 2008

Mid Season Shows

My intention was to write a long diatribe about all the shitty shows that the public is being subjected to this mid season. Usually there are at least a few note worthy shows. This season there really aren't any. The only thing that I guess is even worth mentioning is "The Sarah Conner Chronicles". This is the TV version of the "Terminator" movies. I am a reasonably big fan of the movies and I really had my doubts about turning it into a TV show. My main thought was that the movies relied heavily on special effects. I didn't see how it would be possible to reproduce this on a weekly TV show budget. However, so far I must say that I am fairly pleased with the show. The effects have been used sparingly but when they are used they are usually pretty good. They are not as good as the movies but overall not bad. They have also done an adequate job of tying in the story line from the movies. The show had the potential to turn in to a very cheesy terminator of the week spoof show, however, they are taking the subject matter as seriously as you can take something this silly. So overall, I would recommend this show to anyone who is a fan of the series.


That's it for this week.

Next week ... BIG NEWS... maybe

1 comment:

JAW said...

Taking things too seriously isn't always fun. TV is escapism so having it fast and fun can be good too.

Although I gotta Say Sledge Hammer might be too Silly for more than a few episodes. How did it make season 2?

On another note what did you think of the Knight Rider movie? Is it worth seeing or should I delete it from my PVR.

Good luck on your Big News.