Sunday, March 2, 2008

Wedding Update

I know I promised big news this week, and I do in fact have some big news but it is not 100% confirmed yet, so I will next until next week to dispense the news.

So instead I have decided to give an update on how my wedding planning is going. Actually I am very pleased with the progress we have made so far. I have been very hands on and have been involved with just about every decision. I know a lot of husbands to be kind of shy away from the responsibility but I want to be involved. After all it is my wedding too. That being said I have no interest in turning into a groomzilla if there is such a thing. Here are a list of things we have taken care of so far.

Reception Hall
Church
Organ Player
Wedding Dress
Dress Alterations
Limo
Photography
Videography
DJ
Brides Made Dresses
Decorations
Park Rental
Live entertainment for reception (Steelpan player)

Here are a list of things we still need to take care of.

Suit Rental
Invitations
Wedding Flowers
Wedding Cake
Make up Artist
Church Programs
Thank you gifts (Bonbonnieres)
Marriage License
Wedding Bands

I am pleased because the only things on that list of things we have left to do that I feel are time dependent are the flowers and possibly the cake. That meaning if we don't get them soon they might be booked up on the day of our ceremony. Next week we are going to look at tux's for myself and my groomsmen. Mike and Jay if you are reading this I promise to choose something tasteful. There will be no hot pink vest and tie like at certain wedding we went to a little while ago.

If anyone can think of something that is missing from my list of stuff to do please feel free to let me know.

That's it for this week.

Next week ... Big News (I promise)


p.s. John, I watched Knight Rider. Feel free to delete it from your PVR without watching it. The car looked OK but overall the story was week and the action was poor even for a made for TV movie based on an 80s TV show.

3 comments:

Mike said...

Unless you two only want cash, you may want to go sign up for a wedding registry at a store of your choice. Its a great way to get that first set of China, even if don't use it for years to come. And more importantly the honeymoon suite for the wedding night.

--Todd said...

oooo steel pan, is that like steel drum? That is so cool if that is the case. The only thing I can imagine that would be bigger news than a wedding would be that you guys are pregnant... I am on the edge of my seat to find out. Good luck with everything, and remember... in through the nose out through the mouth.... breath.

JAW said...

Whatever you do don't get the "Meat Sweats". haha explain that one away :)