Sunday, April 13, 2008

Kitchen Nightmares and Flower shopping

For those who don't know this is a show about a chef who goes to different restaurants and tries to turn them around. I don't really have much to say about it other than the condition of some of these restaurants before he does in is truly horrifying. It is disgusting to the point that it makes you never want to eat in a restaurant ever again. I am posting a video below. I remember screaming at the television while watching the episode because it was extremely disturbing. I could not find a clip of the really sick part but if you fast forward to the 5 minute mark you will see the beginning of it.


Enjoy



In other news, we went shopping for the flowers for our wedding this weekend. It is more work than I cared for because flowers are not something that I have any knowledge of. They also cost a shit load of money. Anyway we have gone to 2 shops so far and have 2 more appointments scheduled for next week. At which point we will have to pick one of them. After that I will be feeling pretty good because I think we will have taken care of the biggest tasks in preparing for the wedding.

Pretty simple post this week, but next weeks topic is more interesting.

Next week ... Barack Obama

4 comments:

--Todd said...

You could always hold the wedding in a garden and avoid the whole flower shopping thing altogether ^^

--Todd said...

Sorry to post twice but I couldn't watch your video yesterday, it wouldn't load. I've actually seen that episode, surprisingly since I don't watch that show very much, and it was terrible. I am so very glad that this man is out there improving the situation. I have worked in a couple of kitchens in my day and I assure you that these restaurants are very poor examples and that most kitchens are clean and the food is good.

Scot said...

You might also like watching hells kitchen. On the very first episode he threw up from eating a chefs food.

Nads said...

I'm afraid that if I watch this I may never want to eat out again which would be good for our pocketbook and health but bad for 'variety of life' so I don't know...