Sunday, May 4, 2008

Iron Man

When I first heard about the concept of and Iron Man movie I said this is a terrible idea. I am a huge comic fan and I didn't think it would be possible to do a proper translation of the comic to the big screen. I thought it would just turn into a really cheesy new version of Robocop. I was completely wrong. The movie is great and it is a fantastic way to start off the summer movie season. The suit is perfect and a very faithful rendering of the source material. My wife liked it too and she is not a comic fan by any means so I would recommend this movie to anyone.

Here it is ...





At first my plan for this week was to do long drawn out parody of a crazy weekend I had. In this weekend I would have kept bumping into an old friend named "RJ" who was actually Rick James. Then i would describe something from my life and intergrate it into Charlie Murphy's true Hollywood story. I was about two thirds finished when I decided that the whole thing was stupid. Instead I offer up the below video of Rick and Eddie being involved in one of the worst videos to EVER come out of the 1980's.

Enjoy ...

3 comments:

Renee said...

As you know I am not a fan of unnecessary violence. Your nephew has been begging to see this movie since he saw the promo. Is it to violent for a child? I don't want to waste my time and money sitting through it twice.

BTW...I am still more beautiful than you.

Jason said...

Okay maybe the Eddie and Rick video is not the best but the sing is a low key hit that you just can't hate on. Lol. Iron was a great movie to start the summer in my book too.

JAW said...

It was a fun movie but 'cmon no helmet protection and 5000 bullets? No one has that bad aim. It feels like we are headed back to Rambo. Umm... Oops...