Sunday, June 8, 2008

My Cousins Wedding

So about two weeks ago I went to my cousins wedding. It was in Michigan. They had a fairly short engagement. I think they got engaged at Christmas, so to pull off a wedding in about 5 months is impressive (no one is pregnant so don't even think it). I think they have been together about the same amount of time as me and my fiancee, since Sept 06. Actually, there was talk that this was going to be a really huge wedding. And to some extent it was. I think there were about 22 people in the wedding party. When I first heard the number I wondered how they were going to fit them all on the alter. But to there credit they pulled it off and everything was nice.

The bride (my cousin) chose emerald green for the color theme. Seeing as I am so fond of the green lantern I definitely approved. My fiancee and I drove up early on Saturday. Not as early as planed because somebody didn't pack the night before (I won't mention any names but it wasn't me!). We got there around 1pm. We did a little shopping and then went to lunch. Every time someone in my family gets married there is a large lunch. This time was special because I was introducing my fiancee around. I had already told her that I had large family (22 aunts and uncles) but its hard to appreciate until you have most of them in one room. She had already met most of my mothers side of the family so now she met the other half. She got good reviews.

After that we did a little more shopping and then went back to the hotel for the evening. The wedding was on the Sunday. Actually i think my cousin Mike was married in the same church. It's nice but a touch on the small side. We took some family pictures afterwards. Then it was off to the reception. It was held in the same hotel that we were staying at. The hotel was the Westin
It's a pretty nice place. Actually my fiancee and I considered having our reception in the Hilton suites hotel. The reason we ultimately didn't is because since the size of our wedding wouldn't fill three halls they would have had to run a wall through the room to split it up. I thought that wouldn't really provide a level of privacy I was comfortable with. The place we are going has a separate room for a wedding of our size so I think that is a better fit. The only bad thing is that since we both had to work the next day we had to leave early to drive home.

Overall, I had a good time.

Next week ... My new Apartment.

1 comment:

Nads said...

It was a good trip and I'm glad we went. The wedding was great and your family is very nice.