Sunday, July 13, 2008

Resolutions check in

So as promised I think it is time to do a mid year check in on my resolutions. In case anyone has forgotten my resolutions can be found here.

1)So i will start with the easy one first. One of my goals involved my career. I has said that my goal was just basically to get progress. I think it is fair to say that that goal has been reached. I have been at my new job for 3.5 months at this point. Everything is going very well I think. My boss is pleased with my work and the things I work on are highly visible with in the company. In addition my boss has told me that my fellow co-workers trust me and are comfortable in the knowledge that if we are working on something together it will get done on time and in budget.

2) My second goal involved the very common goal of weight loss. I am proud to say that for the first time, I am actually having some success with this one. At the beginning of the year I weighed about 210 pounds. I am now tipping the scales at a somewhat lean fairly mean 188 pounds. So that is a weight loss of about 22 pounds. Which is pretty good. I had said that my goal was to be between 180-185, so I am pretty close to the high end of that range. Actually many people who have seen me notice the weight loss right away. I had signed up to a program called abs diet online. My wife was on it last year and had success. I would recommend it to anyone. A friend of mine saw my results and actually joined up also. The last time i checked with him he was having good success also. It's not really a fad diet as much as it is just a healthy lifestyle. The workouts are reasonable and it is plan that you can follow. My weight loss has slowed down in the last few weeks. It is partially because I am getting closer to my ideal weight but there have also been times when I have just been too busy to do as many workouts as I would like. On the whole though I am still averaging about 4 days a week which is pretty good in my opinion. I have lost so much weight that I have actually had to have several of my work pants adjusted to have the waist taken in.

So overall I am pretty happy with my resolutions. There is still work to do though. I want to reach my goal weight and I am going to redouble my efforts at the gym. As for work I am just going to keep working hard and see what comes of it.


Next week ... Office etiquette.

1 comment:

Nads said...

Dear GreenLantern24,

You are very affable and diligent hence I think you'd be a success in any job or company so I'm not surprised.

I'm very proud of your weight loss progress so far. I believe in the abs diet. It's been my lifestyle since 2005 when I noticed a slower metabolism due to getting older. Anyway I just read this in the Aug issue of Shape magazine with Venus Williams on the cover - it illustrates the value of what you have done to your life span, standard of living and your lifestyle: "According to a new study in the journal Neurology, people with smaller waistlines are up to 3 times less likely to develop dementia as those with larger ones. Carrying extra belly fat - even if you're at a healthy weight - may increase the production of hormones that damage blood vessels in the brain and heart. So if your middle measures more than 35 inches, whittle it by curbing calories and upping your cardio." From the mouths of scientists comes this wisdom which is preached in all abs diet books. Good job!