Monday, October 13, 2008

Fall Tv

Sorry for the lateness of this post. I have no good excuse so I won't make up a bad one. On to the shows ...


Last year I wrote "this"

And I stand by that.

This year unfortunately I feel pretty much the same. None of the new shows really interest me that much.

The most hyped new shows are

Fringe

This is a show by JJ Abrams who is the creator of Alias and LOST. Since I am fan of both I thought I would give it a try. I only lasted about 20 minutes. The show is clearly an attempt to lure in the X-files crowd. Since I was not a fan of x-files I am not a fan of this.

The next most Hyped show would be the new 90210

I wasn't a big fan of the original. It ran for 10 years and i think i pulled the plug after 4. However, I am a fan of train wrecks and I thought this was going to be a huge one. Again I could only make through about 30 minutes of the first episode before I had enough. Maybe i am just to old to give two shits about the lives of a bunch of rich pampered teens in Beverly Hills.

The only returning shows i was really waiting for that starts in the fall were Prison Break and Smallville.

Prison Break should have ended two years ago but he we are in the 4th season. I still like the show but the premise behind it has changed too much. They have basically turned into a next generation version of the A-Team. in that they go on missions every week. It still entertaining it just doesn't make much sense.

Smallville had a challenge coming into this season in that the best actor in the show is not returning this season. The lack of Lex Luther is a real problem. However, so far they have kept things very interesting and they are bringing in more characters from the DC comics library. I a pleasantly surprised that I have liked everything I have seen thus far.

Most of my favorite shows are coming back in January. The ones I am looking forward to most are LOST, 24, and Battlestar Gallactica.

I am going to Michigan next week for my cousins wedding. So there will most likely be no post next week but after that I am commited to returning to my weekly post status.

Next time .... Apartment troubles...

1 comment:

JAW said...

I always took 90210 to be a SOAP. The forumla seems to be watch rich people suffer. I am neither rich nor like watching people suffering. So SOAPs never held any interest.

What do you think of Knight Rider? I heard it is back again.

I liked the A-Team. We need more shows that don't take themselves seriously. What is wrong with a little fun? Bring back Sledge Hammer and Mr. T.