Monday, November 17, 2008

Spoken Word

On Friday night I went to a spoken word concert with my wife and mother in law. For those who don't know a spoken word concert is basically a poetry reading. I am not a huge poetry fan but this was an all right show. This is only the second poetry reading i have ever been to. The first one i went to was actually on my second date with my wife.

It was a good performance. It was put on by up from the roots. They are a group of back poets operating out of Toronto. It is run by Dwayne Morgan. He is actually someone who i have known of for many years. I actually remember him coming to my high school during black history month. My mother in law was in town for the week and she came to the show with us. I think we paid $35 per person. So while it was not a cheap show the price was fairly reasonable for an entertaining night out.

I guess that's about it for this week.

Next week... Reading part 2.

No comments: