Monday, February 2, 2009

Sports Weekend

This was a really crazy sports weekend. The was the Australian open finals. UFC 94 and of course the Superbowl.

Australian open

I was 50% happy with the results. Serena Williams won and Rodger Federer lost. I have had my differences with Serena. At times I think she doesn't display the most sportsman like behavior. That being said I always root for her and want her to win. She has won the last 2 grand slams now so she is really on a role. As for Roger he just couldn't get it done. As much as I hate to admit it Rafa is the better player at this point. He has simply beat him in too many matches for me to draw any other conclusion.

UFC

I didn't watch it. I have never been the biggest UFC fan but i have been getting into it more and more over the last few months. I was looking forward to the GSP fight because I have never seen him and I hear he is one of the best pound for pound guys.

Superbowl

This was a fantastic Superbowl. The game itself was intense from beginning to end. I am not really a fan of either team so i didn't have a horse in this race but it still was a lot of fun to watch. The commercials were also great and the had the trailers for 3 of the summers most anticipated movies. See below.








Next week ... Career planning

2 comments:

--Todd said...

I know that it isn't a summer movie but with 3 movie trailers I think a good mention should go out to Watchmen. If you have not read the graphic novel I highly recommend it and I could not be more excited about it's release. I haven't anticipated a movie this much since LOTR.

Nads said...

Serena is just hyper competitive...She doesn't want to give her opponents an edge...I don't think it's un-sports-woman-like.