Sunday, March 15, 2009

Tyler Perry Movies

So a few weeks a go I saw the movie Meet the Browns. It is a Tyler Perry movie.

I have never been a big fan of this guys movies. I am happy to see a black producer be a success because quite frankly there are not that many of them. That being some of his stuff is just plain stupid. Consider this clip below.




What the hell is funny about this. This show allowed him to secure $200 million contract with TBS. On the one hand I say good for him. On the other hand this show is a piece of shit. I sat through a few episodes of this show but I couldn't take any more. Now I don't want to be too harsh on this. I mean it's not as bad as this ...



Anyways... That's it for this week ...

Next Week ... House Hunting.

3 comments:

Renee said...

First Tyler needs to stop with his genderized minstrel show and take off the dress. I cannot stand the plots of his work. It is always some woman is unhappy even though she is successful in her career because she cannot find a good man. Sure enough she submits to God and some working class stiff comes along to put her in her place and the day is saved. Enough with the preaching, morality, and false social construction of black womanhood.

Nads said...

Tyler Perry = Stereotype proliferator

Renee said...

I see that your better half agrees with me. Don't be afraid to give the man some cuss. Remember a submitted man is a happy man.