Monday, June 8, 2009

Season Finales

This post is long over Due.

Prison Break

This was the series end for this show. I was glad to see it come to an end. It has always had a fairly sill premise but this last season is where the show really jumped the shark. It just made no sense on any level anymore. So I was glad to see it go. The ending itself was good except for the fate of one of the characters. It made very little sense.

Heroes

This show basically had one good season (The first season). I think it has been coasting on that success ever since. The show picked up a little bit with the last 2 episodes but overall it pretty much stunk. I am too invested to quit now but I am really hoping that things improve drastically.

Battlestar Gallactica

This was the series finale for one of the best sci-fi shows ever. It had tons of action and character moments. There were a few decisions I didn't agree with but overall I think it went out on a high note.

24

This season has been up and down for me. It was never as bad as last season but it was still not as good as previous years. Needless to say Jack stopped the terrorists and saved the day but that was never really in doubt. I question where they will go from here because the character is aging and should probably not be on the front lines anymore.

LOST

What can a say about the best show on TV. This season was damn close to perfect. There was not a single episode that I did not like. This has easily been the best season since the first. There was a new revelation every single episode. I think since the writers know that they only have a certain amount of episodes left to tell the story it has made them much more focused. The show took a stronger step into the realm of sci fi this season by adding time travel. While this is something that I am sure will and probably did turn off some viewers to me it was excellent. The only thing i really want to happen is for Jack to just tell Kate to go to hell so he can move on with his life. But that is a small complaint. I really can't say enough good things about this show this season. I look forward to next year and the conclusion to a really great story.


Next week... Terminator Salvation and Games Night.

2 comments:

Mike said...

I have to disagree on your Prison Break assessment. The show made perfect sense, but we can debate this at another time.

Renee said...

I was so disgusted with Prison Break that I did not even watch the last few episodes. I just found I did not care anymore.