Tuesday, September 8, 2009

G.I. Joe

So i went to see this movie on Saturday. I have been meaning to see it for weeks but something always came up. My expectations for the movie were pretty low because outside of transformers this was probably the worst reviewed movie of the summer. Also, unlike most kids of the 80's I was never really a big fan of the cartoon. I think I have probably only watch 5 or 6 episodes in my life.

All that being said ... I really liked this movie. It was much better than I thought it would be. The plot was more coherent than many summer action movies. The acting was decent or at least on par for the genre. And the action was very intense and over the top. Just the way I like it.

I was basically expecting and earth bound version Starship Troopers but with a larger budget. What I got was a really fun summer popcorn flick. I can't speak on how true it stayed to the source material because as I said I am not really a fan of the original but if that doesn't concern you then I recommend this movie.

1 comment:

Renee said...

Leave it to you to find pleasure in this movie. I have flatly refused to see it and so the boys are planning on having a testosterone evening without me at the cinema. I even turned down the opportunity to write it up. No way could I make it through that when I barely handled transformers. I think you need to see a nice flick like Julie Julia. For a married man you are still far to independent.