Sunday, September 20, 2009

Weekend getaway

So last weekend my wife and I went to visit my cousins in Michigan. As i have mentioned in previous posts I have 2 cousins in Michigan that I am really close to. When we were smaller my family went to Michigan often and their family came to Toronto often. Now however, things are different. All 3 of us own homes, 2 of us are married and 1 of them doesn't even actually live in Michigan any more. He moved to Washington for a government job. Can't say I blame him, considering the state of the Michigan economy. Anyway, my cousins Mike's daughter was having her first birthday last week so my wife and i thought we would make the trip up of the party they were throwing for her.

It was nice I have a lot of family in Michigan and most of them came to the party. The point I am getting at is that it really struck me how fast time goes. I have such clear memories of being 12 years old and going to Michigan with my family and staying up late and playing video games until all hours of the night with my cousins. Now we are all grown ups with homes and marriages and one of us even has a kid. It makes you wonder just where in the hell all the time went. Next thing you know I will be entering the dirty thirties. YUCK!

Next week... FALL TV.

3 comments:

JAW said...

All those old 30 year olds! I am sooo glad I am young and not in my 30s.

I am looking forward to your TV reviews next week.

Renee said...

Sounds like someone realizes that they are getting old. At the rate that you are going you will catch up to me. Remember I stopped aging at 30.

Nads said...

There is nothing wrong with 30. I'm 30 and I feel wonderful. With age comes wisdom and maturity. Don't be afraid...you will like your 30s. I am going to be 31 in 2 months and 2 days and I am looking forward to it. I can't believe I am this old because I still remember coming here at 18 for school and crying when my parents went back home...it's crazy how time flies.