Monday, November 16, 2009

Busy Weekend

So this weekend was a very busy one for me. On Friday we went to the 11th annual "When brothers Speak" event. It is a spoken word (poetry) performance here in Toronto. We went last year as well. It is a good event generally speaking but I enjoyed last years much more. The performers this year didn't seem to have as much energy. Also their performances were not as entertaining. It was nice to get out and go to an event though. The only thing is that in the future I think my wife and I will stick more to Saturday events. When you work the whole day and then go out again in the evening it can be pretty tiring. She actually fell asleep at the end and it is because were just tired from the day.

On saturday two of my wife's friends from college stopped for dinner. The live in Brampton so it was quite a trek for them. They have a very cute daughter who is about 18 months old. After dinner we were supposed to go to a play downtown in the distillery district. Unfortunately when we got there we could not find the unit number for the play. So we ended up just going for dessert and talking. IT was a fun evening overall.

Sunday we just stayed home and did nothing.

1 comment:

Renee said...

It was nice to get out and go to an event though. The only thing is that in the future I think my wife and I will stick more to Saturday events. When you work the whole day and then go out again in the evening it can be pretty tiring.

You know that this is just code for, I'm getting old and don't want to admit it right?