Monday, November 30, 2009

Cost of Living

I realized recently that my cost of living has increased substantially lately. Most of that is because I am a homeowner now. It is a good thing but it is shocking how much life cost. we have a 4 car drive way so last week we bought a new snow blower. It was on sale but after taxes it still came up to $675. In addition we bought some new drapes for the and curtain rods to hang them from for the only bedroom where we hadn't yet changed the window treatments. There were all on sale but it still came up to about $120 for everything all included. It seems like there is always something that needs to be done. And it did all need to be done. I live in canada it's almost december and the snow will eventually have to come. And when it does I have no interest in being in front of my house for hours with a shovel trying to fight back the storm. My hope is that this snow blower will last me around 10 years or more. I mean i don't want to give the wrong impression here. We are not strapped for cash by any means. It's just that it seems like there is always something that needs to be done.

Ah well, that's life I guess.

2 comments:

JAW said...

You picked a great time to buy a snowblower. Have fun trying it out today.

Renee said...

Yeah I hear you. Wait until you have a few kids and the school starts reaching into your pocket. Everytime I turn around they are asking me for money to "support the school". Pizza day and Milk alone run me forty dollars a month. I tell you I don't know how people making less are getting by. We aren't extravagant spenders but it sill ads up quickly.