Sunday, November 1, 2009

Trick or Treat

So last night was the first Halloween in my new home. Halloween was never a really big thing with my parents. In fact for many years we just turned off the lights and actually turned off the doorbell also.

Since we are in a new home in a new community I decided I wanted to be a part of the festivities. So my wife and i actually went and got some decorations for the house. Pretty modest stuff really, just a plastic jack -o - lantern and a hanging plastic gargoyle. Total price for both was about $15. We also went and bought chocolates and candies. From now on I will do all my halloween shopping on the day of. We bought just under $40 dollars worth. At the time t seemed like a lot but it actually was all gone pretty fast. I think the hand fulls i gave out were too big. Next year i will give smaller amounts so it can last longer.

Overall it was a lot of fun.

3 comments:

--Todd said...

Yeah, I don't understand people who don't want to participate in Halloween. It's loads of fun, as long as you turn off the lights and disconnect the doorbell once the little kids have stopped coming around.

Mike said...

Wait a second. They have Halloween in Canada?

Renee said...

The key is to give a few candies to the little ones and only give one to the big kids. After a certain point you are to old to be trick or treating anyway. My door was ringing until 10pm that night. No half man is getting his candy fix from me.