Monday, March 1, 2010

Linked In

So i joined the networking site linkedIn about 2 years ago. For those who don't know this site is basically the business equivalent to facebook. The main purposes of the site is to create connections with people you have worked with. The goal I think is that when a recruiter does a search a list of names will show up. If the name of someone you worked with shows up in the search then the recruiter might also see your name in your friends network. It's a pretty good system I think. In that past few months I have actually been contacted by several recruiters about various positions. I am not ready to leave my current job just yet but it is good to know I have options. This time next year i will most likely be ready to look around and this is certainly something I intend to keep track of.

No comments: